BlazBlue: Central Fiction is a 2-D fighting game developed by Arc System Works. It is the fourth game to the BlazBlue series, and is set after the events of BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma. It introduces the playable appearances of Hibiki Kohaku, Naoto Kurogane, Nine the Phantom, Saya/Hades Izanami, and Es. It will conclude the current story of the series that began in Calamity Trigger. The arcade mode stories are separated into three acts.
New playable characters:
- Hibiki Kohaku: Kagura’s assistant. He is a member of clan of assassins and was raised to serve Kagura originally seen as a loyal servant but is actually a disturbed killer whose desire is to kill Kagura and become a truly emotionless killer.
- Naoto Kurogane: The main protagonist of Bloodedge Experience. He appears in Central Fiction due to Raquel sending him into the current timeline of BlazBlue where he died apparently to save their world.
- Nine the Phantom: One of the Six Heroes and the boss of “Act I: Phantom of Labyrinth”.
- Hades Izanami: The true main villain of the series. She is the one who commands Terumi and Relius, used Saya as a vessel who is also an living doll forged by Relius and is the manifestation of the girl inside Amaterasu’s drive Noel Vermillion.
- Es: One of the main characters of Xblaze, Es is one of the console exclusive characters for Central Fiction.
Overdrive activation now shows its duration under the Burst Gauge in the form of a countdown timer which counts seconds and split-seconds
New gameplay mechanic: Exceed Accel, a special type of Distortion Drive. Activating it allows your character to perform a specific attack in their move-set, and once it connects it dishes out large damage, but immediately ends Overdrive.
New gameplay mechanic: Active Flow, which acts as the opposite of a Negative Penalty status. A character that fights offensively goes into an Active Flow, which boosts damage and recovery of the Burst Gauge. Active Flow also increases the damage of Exceed Accel and for some it may add extra effects and animations!